Call Attorney Reshard Alexander – Big Rig Bull Texas Truck Accident Lawyer! Today: (713) 766-3322.
Rear-end collisions involving 18-wheelers, also known as tractor-trailers or semi-trucks, can have serious consequences due to the large size and weight of these vehicles. Here is some information regarding rear-end collisions with 18-wheelers:
Causes of Rear-End Collisions:
- Tailgating: When a vehicle follows too closely behind another vehicle, it reduces the reaction time available to brake and avoid a collision.
- Inadequate braking distance: Due to the heavy weight and longer stopping distance of 18-wheelers, if the driver fails to maintain a safe braking distance, a rear-end collision may occur.
- Distracted driving: Any form of distraction, such as texting, talking on the phone, or eating, can lead to inattentiveness and an increased risk of rear-end collisions.
- Fatigue or drowsiness: Long hours on the road can result in truck drivers experiencing fatigue, reducing their ability to react quickly to changing traffic conditions.
- Brake malfunctions: If the braking system of an 18-wheeler fails or malfunctions, it can increase the likelihood of a rear-end collision.
Consequences of Rear-End Collisions with 18-Wheelers:
- Severe injuries or fatalities: Due to the size disparity between a passenger vehicle and an 18-wheeler, occupants of the smaller vehicle are at a higher risk of serious injuries or even death.
- Property damage: Rear-end collisions can cause significant damage to the involved vehicles, resulting in costly repairs or total loss.
- Traffic congestion: Rear-end collisions can block traffic lanes, leading to traffic congestion and delays for other drivers on the road.
- Legal implications: Determining liability in a rear-end collision involving an 18-wheeler can be complex. The truck driver, trucking company, or other factors may be held responsible for the accident, leading to legal consequences.
Preventing Rear-End Collisions:
- Maintain a safe following distance: Drivers should leave enough space between their vehicle and an 18-wheeler to allow for a safe stopping distance.
- Avoid distractions: Drivers should refrain from using mobile devices or engaging in any other distracting activities while operating a vehicle.
- Be aware of blind spots: Large trucks have significant blind spots, so drivers of passenger vehicles should exercise caution when driving near them.
- Anticipate truck maneuvers: Trucks require more time and distance to slow down or change lanes. Drivers should be aware of these limitations and adjust their driving accordingly.
- Report unsafe truck driving: If you observe a truck driver engaging in reckless or unsafe behavior, report it to the appropriate authorities or the trucking company.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a rear-end collision with an 18-wheeler, it’s essential to contact local law enforcement, seek medical attention if necessary, and consult with a personal injury attorney for guidance on your specific situation
Remember, these reasons highlight the importance of hiring a truck accident lawyer, but they should not be considered legal advice. Consulting with a qualified truck accident attorney who specializes in truck accidents is the best way to understand your specific situation and get the legal guidance you need
It’s in your interests to go over your accident using a Houston truck accident lawyer in case you’ve been hurt and want to recoup compensation. You’re eligible for reimbursement for losses and harms due to the automobile collision, but the amount you get can differ greatly. The experience of an lawyer with years of experience handling automobile accident cases enhances your odds of getting maximum damages. This is particularly true when you get in a collision with an uninsured driver.
Contact Houston Truck Accident Attorney Reshard Alexander – Big Rig Bull Texas Truck Accident Lawyer in case you have questions regarding an injury you or a loved one were included in. Your first consultation is always free.
Contact Big Rig Bull Texas Truck Accident Lawyer Reshard Alexander now for a free appointment at 713.766.3322 or 800.688.7551.
Houston Truck Accident Lawyer Resources
Texas CDL Manual
Free Texas Car Accident Book
Frequently Asked Questions
Texas Accident & Injury Infographics
Houston Traffic Accident Map
Type of Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury
Texas Cause of Injury
Driver Drug Use
Lack of Inspection
Poor Planned Route
Texting While Driving
Tire Blow Out
Tow Hitch Defect
Houston Type of Accident Truck Lawyer Links
Rear End Collision
Wide Turn Wreck
Houston Truck Accident Insurance Companies
1st Guard Corporation
Auto Owners Insurance Co.
BBT Insurance Services
Canal Insurance Company
Carolina Casualty Insurance Co.
Century Insurance Group
Continental Western Group
Eastern Atlantic Insurance Co.
Essex Insurance Company
Farmers Truck Insurance Exchange
Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co.
Gateway Insurance Co.
Great American Insurance Group
Great West Casualty Co.
Hallmark Insurance Co.
Hanover Insurance Group
Hudson Insurance Group
Interstate Insurance Management
Johnson and Johnson
Lancer Insurance Company
Mercury Insurance Group
National American Insurance Co.
National Interstate Insurance Co.
National Truck Underwriting Mgrs.
Sagamore Insurance Co.
Scottsdale Insurance Co.
State National Insurance Co.
Stratford Insurance Co.
Sutter Insurance Company
Swett and Crawford
U.S. Specialty Insurance Co.
Wilshire Insurance Company
Texas Motor Carrier Companies
AAA Cooper Transportation
A. Duie Pyle
All Star Transportation
Anderson Trucking Service
Bedford Freight Lines
Capitol Express & Warehousing
Continental Western Group
Dayton Freight Lines
Dependable Distribution Centers
Dunavant Global Logistics Group
Estes Express Lines
Evans Distribution Systems
Hazmat Environmental Group
Inland Star Distribution Systems
Jack Cooper Transport
Landstar Ranger Agent
R & L Carriers
Saturn Freight Systems
Southeastern Freight Lines
Speed Global Services
US Xpress Enterprises
Universal Truckload Services
United Road Services
Van G Logistics
Types of Truck
Links to Car Insurance Companies in Texas
ACCC Insurance Company
Alinsco Insurance Company
Allstate County Mutual Insurance Company
American Access Casualty Company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company
Auto Club County Mutual Insurance Company
CEM Insurance Company
Elephant Insurance Company
Esurance Insurance Company
Farmers Texas County Mutual Insurance Company
Foremost County Mutual Insurance Company
Geico County Mutual Insurance Company
Germania Select Insurance Company
Home State County Mutual Insurance Company
Infinity County Mutual Insurance Company
Liberty County Mutual Insurance Company
Loya Insurance Company
Metropolitan Lloyds Insurance Company of Texas
MGA Insurance Company, Inc.
Progressive County Mutual Insurance Company
Redpoint County Mutual Insurance Company
Southern County Mutual Insurance Company
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Texas Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company
United Services Automobile Association
Old American County Mutual Fire Insurance Company
Types of Car
Plug In Hybrid
Sports Utility Vehicle
Houston Car Accident Lawyer – Lawsuit Resources
Chose Correct Venue
Contingency Fee Arrangement
Defense Appeals Jury Verdict
Documenting a Car Accident
Importance of Credibility
Obtaining a Police Report
Obtaining Medical Records
CR-2 Police Report
Protect Your Financial Interest
Protect Your Rights
Proving Alcohol Intoxication
Role of a Jury
Stranded on the Highway
Traffic Control Device
Houston Car Accident Lawyer – Injury Resources
Ankle Injury From Car Accident
Annular Disc Tear
Anosmia from Automobile Accident
Arthritis After Car Accident
Brain Injury from Car Accident
Brain Injury in Child
Brain Hermorrhage Injury
Broken Arm Accident
Broken Bones in Car Accident
Broken Femur Car Accident
Broken Nose in Car Accident
Broken Rib from Car Accident
Burn Victim Car Accident
Car Accident Back Injury
Car Accident Eye Injury
Car Accident Head Injury
Car Accident Nerve Damage
Car Accident Paralysis
Car Accident Spine Injury
Car Accident Wrist Injury
Cervical Spine Injury
Chronic Neck Injury After Car Accident
Chronic Pain After Accident
Collarbone Pain After Car Accident
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome After Car Accident
Connective Tissue Injury
Crush Injury Car Accident
Delayed Pain After Car Accident
Emotional Pain and Suffering
Face Injury Accident
Foot Injury Car Accident
Headache after Car Accident
Heart Damage after Car Accident
Herniated Disc Car Accident
Impact Fracture Car Accident
Internal Bleeding Due to Car Accident
Internal Injuries from Car Accident
Joint Injury Car Accident
Leg Injury from Car Accident
Mental Distress During Accident
Spinal Fracture Car Accident
Neck Fusion from Car Accident
Neck Injury after Car Accident
Pain and Suffering Car Accident
Permanent Injury Car Accident
Pre-Existing Condition Car Accident
PTSD After Car Accident
Scarring Cause by Car Accident
Shoulder Injury from Car Accident
Soft Tissue Injury Car Accident
Subarachnoid Hemorrhage from Car Accident
Tibia Fibula Fracture
Tinnitus Car Accident
Traumatic Brain Injury from Car Accident
Unborn Baby Injured in a Car Accident
Vocal Cord Damage
Whiplash from Car Accident
Categories: Truck Accident